This Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount CB Antenna, a product of Wilson – a renowned brand in the manufacturing of CB Antennas is a top performer and certainly one of the best CB antennas available on the market. Wilson has been in the industry for over 30 years, providing the best-engineered quality of mobile CB antennas.
Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount CB Antenna Review
As the top-performing base-loaded CB antenna for truckers, it uses a basic design as that of the Wilson Trucker 5000.
It also has an exclusive low-loss coil with exceptional performance qualities. The Wilson 5000 is also the top performer when installed on Trailers, RVs, and Motor homes.
The antenna is made from high-quality materials and has a sturdy design. It is simple to use as well as install. The Wilson 5000 gives you superior performance and quality, as well as lasting durability. The Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount CB antenna can withstand tough environmental conditions.
This antenna can withstand tough weather and hot/cold temperatures and still perform. This is one of the reasons why it's a best seller on Amazon.com.
The Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount CB Antenna is a multi-band antenna, helping CB radios up to 5 band operation – VHF/UHF (10-60 MHz) and AM/FM broadcast band (520 – 1710 kHz).
The antenna is made of copper tubing. Each coil has a span of 1.25" and is wound using copper wire that is covered by hard epoxy.
The coil spans are insulated from the mast to preserve the quality of the antenna, as well as prevent any interference or noise from being transmitted from a CB radio.
The Wilson 5000 Magnet mount has a heavy-duty base with a powerful magnet, which allows it to be easily attached to the metal roof of your automobile.
The magnet is so powerful, that when using a Wilson 5000 series magnet mount CB antenna, it will withstand gusts of up to 50 mph.
Who is Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount Antenna for?
- This high-performance, weather-resistant, and long-range CB radio antenna are ideal for anyone looking for a CB radio antenna that is easy to install on a truck or commercial vehicle as well as recreational vehicles, camper, or even boats. The Wilson 5000 CB antenna is meant for anyone who travels extensively and stays outdoors a lot.
- -You may like: Best CB Radios for Truck Drivers
Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount Antenna Features:
- The Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount Antenna is a multi-band antenna with up to 5 band operation; VHF/UHF (10-60 MHz) and AM/na broadcast band (520-1710 kHz).
- The simple to install Wilson 5000 CB radio antenna is made of copper tubing. Each coil has a span of 1.25" and is wound using copper wire that is covered by hard epoxy. The coil spans are insulated from the mast to preserve the quality of the antenna, as well as prevent any interference or noise from being transmitted.
- The Wilson 5000 magnet has a heavy-duty base with a powerful magnet, which allows it to be easily attached to the metal roof of your truck The magnet is so powerful, that when using a Wilson 5000 magnet mount CB radio antenna, it will withstand gusts of up to 50 mph.
- 17-7 SS whip: the Wilson 5000 CB radio antenna is also a whip antenna which means that it is a base/center loaded antenna that is topped with an elongated steel whip which is easily tied down when it isn’t in use. The presence of a whip makes the antenna suitable for the magnetic antennas used by professional truck drivers.
- High-performance: As a top-performing base-loaded CB radio antenna, this Wilson 5000 Magnet antenna comes with an exclusive low-loss coil, the reason for the antenna’s remarkable performance.
- Weather-resistant: This Wilson 5000 CB radio antenna is comprised of a weatherproof fiberglass radome that ensures its durability, making it last for a long time. It is also UV resistant, due to the black die-cast aluminum cone making it ideal for use in all climates.
- By using 6-gauge solid copper wire and perfectly designed coils, this antenna works efficiently. Other than copper, which is a great RF conductor, this antenna also has a heavy silver plating which is an even greater RF conductor – these metals present the best of both worlds, and with these design characteristics, this antenna is the best of all base-loaded antennas.
- 3/16" Copper-Silver Plated Wire: The Wilson 5000 CB radio antenna features a 3/16" copper silver plated wire, as well as a specific floating coil that does not ice up or even stops working in severe winter. The coil windings cannot crack from freezing either.
- High wattage: The Wilson 5000 CB radio antenna has a rating of 5,000 watts AM and 20,000 SSB meaning that this antenna is perfect for high-powered radios.
- Screw off coil: This coil allows for the separation of the antenna at the coax-wired base resulting in increased convenience when entering the low-clearance areas. The screw-off coil is also necessary for storage of the antenna temporarily.
- High-impact Mobay thermoplastic: For durability, this antenna is made of a high-impact Mobay thermoplastic material which makes it the ideal choice of an antenna in tough conditions and on big trucks.
- All-in-one antenna: this antenna comes inclusive of the magnet mount and the 62” whip antenna, as well as a 17-inch coax.
- It has a weather cap for the protection of the mount once the coil is removed
- The antenna’s frequency range is 26MHz to 30MHz
What I Like:
What I Don't Like
Antenna Power Gain: this refers to the amount of improvement in the power amplification over another antenna.
A higher-gain antenna will transmit and receive signals further, although the distance varies depending on the gain as well the ground terrain and other environmental features.
Test results for the antenna will vary depending on your vehicle’s ground plane, and the matching configuration.
If you're having issues with the antenna’s height, and you need it shortened, you should get the Wilson Short Load. The Wilson Short Load offers a high level of efficiency, performance.
It is only 39 inches long, compared to the 62-inch whip for the Wilson 5000.
Final Verdict: Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount CB antenna review
You cannot go wrong with this high-powered and durably-designed Wilson 5000 Magnet Mount CB Antenna. Yes, it is expensive compared to most other CB antennas on the market but, its built design makes it easy to use on any CB radio and also in severe icy weather.