Truck driving is one of the toughest jobs as they have to remain attentive while they drive the truck on the highway.
Not only are they driving for many hours but their load is often thousands of pounds making it extremely important for them to keep their attention on the road.
Just like the MVA for vehicles, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration prohibits truck drivers from talking on the phone without the use of a hands-free feature.
A Bluetooth headset makes the life of truck drivers convenient. Truck drivers can wear Bluetooth headsets with comfort all day and can perform their driving duty effectively.
Here are the 6 Best Bluetooth Headset for Truckers
Best Overall Bluetooth Headset: BlueParrott S450-XT Voice-Controlled Bluetooth Headset
- Best Value: Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth Headset
- Best In-Ear Bluetooth Headset For Truckers: Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth Headset
- Most Comfortable Trucker Headset: Blue Tiger Elite Premium Wireless Bluetooth Headset
- Best Budget Bluetooth Headset For Truckers: Jabra Talk 45 Bluetooth Headset
- Best Starter Headset for Truckers: Angteela Pro Trucker Bluetooth Headset V5.0
Ease of Use
My TOP 3
My determination to decide this list is based on these specific factors:
You might like: The 19 Most Popular CB Radios Brands
The 6 Best Bluetooth Headset for Truckers
1. Best Overall: BlueParrott S450-XT Voice-Controlled Bluetooth Headset
Overall the Best On-Ear Bluetooth Headset For Truckers & Best Sound Quality Headset for Truckers
I compared the B450 and the 550 in this article and the biggest difference was the headband, which means that the B450 was a lot more comfortable. The ear cushion is soft, plush and snug on my ear.
I also found that the BlueParrotB450 wireless headset was tremendous at canceling noise both from my ears and from the microphone. It felt as if the person I was talking with was almost in the same room as me. The wireless range was great, I tested it up to about 200 feet and it was crystal clear.
I wouldn't recommend pushing it to the limit of the 300 that is stated on the packaging.
The durability and other features such as voice command make the BlueParrot 450 a top choice and totally worth every penny.
What I like:
What I don't like:
- INDUSTRY LEADING SOUND – The BlueParrott S450-XT Bluetooth Headset is engineered for superior calls in high-noise environments. It has unrivalled HD voice call quality that block out background noise with 82% noise cancellation.
- LONG WIRELESS RANGE – Walk and talk with no worries – the BlueParrott Bluetooth Headset has a considerably longer wireless range of up to 300 feet from paired devices. Wireless range requires a Class 1 device. Can be used wireless or corded.
- LONG-HAUL COMFORT – You can wear your BlueParrott headsets all day long! The over-the-head style is durable, yet comfortable enough for long-term use for calls and music.
- 24 HOURS OF TALK TIME – Have all-day conversations, with up to 24 plus hours of talk time and 500 plus hours (20 days) of standby time per charge. Plus, the pivoting microphone boom stats out of your way until you need it.
- CUSTOMIZABLE – Customize your favorite features with the BlueParrott Button. This Bluetooth headset for truckers is compatible with leading Digital Assistants. One-touch access to Google Assistant and Siri.
2. Best Value: Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth Headset
Just a heads up - You might be able to grab this wireless headset at a discount through the renewed store on Amazon.
This is the one Bluetooth headset made especially for truckers. The Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth Headset offers a simplistic headset that almost feels like the old headsets that you would get with your walkman back in the '80s and 90s.
The headband was comfortable and not too tight on my noggin. The manufacturer states that you get 24 hours of power on a single charge and I can attest, you get every bit of it for the first few months. The drawback is charging, it does take a while for it to fully charge.
One of the things I noticed is that the sound seems to be quieter than most of the other noise-canceling headsets that I have listed. This means, if I had 3/4 of the way up, it does seem like.
What I like:
What I don't like:
- Comfortable design: Mono headset with over the head design and memory foam headband and earcup provide all day comfort
- Long lasting battery: Plantronics headset has upto 24 hours of battery life on a single charge so you can stay connected all day long
- Water resistant headset: Durable materials and P2i nano coating protect Plantronics bluetooth headset from sweat, water and dust. Charge time 2.5 hours for full charge
- Glove friendly controls: Mono headset features on ear controls that are easy to access, even with work gloves. Range: Upto 60 feet/20 meter with Class 1 Bluetooth enabled device
- Noise canceling headphone: An adjustable snake boom and noise canceling technology that eliminates upto 99.6 percent of transmit noise ensures you’re heard loud and clear Per Plantronics testing of Diesel engine noise at 65dBSPL at 102Hz
3. Best In-Ear Bluetooth Headset For Truckers: Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics is a popular brand of electronics devices due to its offering high-quality products and the Plantronics Voyager 5200 is no exception.
I like the Plantronics Voyager 5200 wireless headset even though it is a little awkward putting it in my ear the first few times. Overall, I was satisfied with the sound quality.
On my end, there were no issues pairing it with my phone. It works smoothly when both are paired with it; the switches match up instantly.
My only issue was the charging station and it might be a user error as it didn't seem to work after a few weeks.
The battery life is great for a while but like most electronics, the battery life wears down over time, so the expected 5.5 hours turns into 2-3 after a few months.
I found that the Bluetooth connection was super simple to set up and I really like how it mutes me for taking phone calls or virtual meetings.
Just a heads up, if you order through Amazon and it comes in a brown box, that means it is refurbished. There is nothing wrong with it, just refurbished. The micro USB charger is also a plus as it makes charging super easy and unlike others, it's a typical charger not a proprietary one.
Overall, my top choice for in-ear Bluetooth headset for truckers.
What I like:
What I don't like:
- Connects To: For a professional needing to connect to a PC/Mac uses USB-A and/or mobile phone. Compatible with Microsoft Teams and other leading collaboration and voice platforms.
- Ideal For: mobile and office professional who relies on their PC/Mac and/or mobile phone for on-the-go communication.
- Audio Performance: Crystal clear Bluetooth audio quality with triple-mic active Digital Signal Processing (DSP), & wind canceling.
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Up to 7 hours of talk time and you can roam up to 98 feet (30 meters).
- Global Warranty & Wearing Style: 2 years global warranty; light weight over the ear headset.
4. Most Comfortable Trucker Headset: Blue Tiger Elite Premium Wireless Bluetooth Headset
Not sure how Blue Tiger did this but the Elite Premium is the most comfortable Bluetooth wireless headset I have ever worn.
Having worn it for multiple runs of 5, 6+ hours and my ear is dry, no ear sweat and the headband is adjustable enough to fit my big head.
In addition, the Blue Tiger Elite is really light and has a good range of about 50 feet, which got me about 3/4 of the inside my cab.
Battery life was great - 24+ hours on a single charge.
The Blue Tiger Elite noise-canceling microphone canceled out just about everything except for a little ambient noise.
When I tested it I could head a little bit from the caller so the 90% that they claim is actually pretty accurate.
Check this out... they even have an American Flag version!
What I like:
What I don't like:
- ELITE JUST GOT BETTER: ULTRA style, comfort and performance. Stay connected while you’re trucking using this wireless headset with Bluetooth 5.0 technology and Hi-Fi performance speaker.
- 60 HOURS TALK TIME: This professional trucker’s headset has a battery that works as hard as you do. The long battery life delivers up to 60 hours of talk time and 1200 hours of standby time.
- TOP NOISE CANCELLING TECHNOLOGY: Hear and be heard on the road. The headset and microphone’s noise cancellation technology reduces truck engine road noise 96%. MUTE: This headset's mute capability is limited to use with a cellular device/ mobile phone. It does NOT support the mute function for a laptop or desktop based software. Only the muting of Phone Calls in HFP is supported currently and only directly by using mute function on that cellular device.
- COMFORT FIT: A padded earphone provides cushioned comfort, and the premium headset’s lightweight, flexible and adjustable headband has black chrome accents and a tactile rubberized finish. GAMING: A Bluetooth transmitter is required in order to pair this headset with a gaming console.
- IT’S ALL IN THE BOX: The Blue Tiger Elite ULTRA wireless headset is supplied with Micro USB Charging Cable, D/C Adapter, Extra Mic Cover and Quick Start Guide. You’re good to go.
5- Best Budget Bluetooth Headset For Truckers: Jabra Talk 45 Bluetooth Headset
The Jabra Talk 45 is one of the most inexpensive premium Bluetooth headsets available. With the price point, you do get some features but not all.
What I did like was how easy it was to connect to my phone.
My ears are not that big and it was a little uncomfortable for it to fit in my ears. Once connected and in my ear, the sound quality was superb and very light. I almost forgot that I had it in my ear.
If you are on a budget, the Jabra Talk 45 is a good pick.
What I like:
What I don't like:
- Enjoy the clearest conversations on both ends of your call with HD voice and 2 microphone noise cancellation technology that adjusts the volume to your environment
- A dedicated button for Siri and Google assistant lets you stay connected to digital assistants, even when your phone is in your pocket or bag
- Stream music, podcasts and GPS directions
- Choose your preferred wearing style and, with the ultimate comfort ear gels that come in many sizes and mold to your ear, you have a custom fit for all day comfort
- With up to 6 hours of battery on a single charge
6.- Best Starter Headset for Truckers: Angteela Pro Trucker Bluetooth Headset V5.0
When you select the Bluetooth headset, your budget range is most important that you should consider. Mpow Pro is a Bluetooth headset that comes in your budget range.
Due to its lower price, it’s a popular headset in the market. Lower price doesn’t mean that the quality is not good.
In fact, it ensures quality by offering clear sound on both ends at the optimum price.
This Bluetooth headset also possesses a noise-canceling microphone that makes your communication noise-free by omitting the road noise. Your conversations will be completely clear even in your noisy surroundings.
Its Bluetooth range is not long as BlueParrot 450, it has a Bluetooth range of 30 feet for pairing with other Bluetooth devices. You can completely charge it within a period of 2 hours and the battery lasts about 12 hours.
You can comfortably wear it over your ears for a long period as its padded earpad gives you comfort. Even, its flexible headband gives you the freedom to adjust it over your head. Enjoy all day by meeting your needs.
If you are look for a basic, very simple headset this would be a good choice for you.
What I like:
What I don't like:
- 【NOISE CANCELING MIC】 - Advanced noise-canceling technology isolates your voice from the noise around you, so you can stay focused on what you want. 270° flexible mic can be positioned for better voice capture and background noise reduction. Provide crystal-clear conversations even in the busiest work environment. Perfect for when you’re working or studying from home or taking conference calls, in the car and outdoor.
- 【CREATED FOR COMFORT】 - Weights only 1.7oz, featuring with balanced over-the-headset design and soft protein memory-foam padding, the headset provide you comfortable wearing experience for intensive all-day use. Designed with stretchable headband, you can adjust it to a suitable width according to your head's size.
- 【EASY CONTROLS & MUTE FUNCTION】- Angteela wireless bluetooth headphones provides an intuitive and simple interface to adjust volume, play/pause music, and answer/end calls. One key to power on and enter pairing mode, wake up Siri, etc. Just press the “+” and “-” buttons simultaneously to mute your microphone, you can easily block the sound in your side during a conversation when needed.
Here are the Benefits of the Best Bluetooth Headsets for Truckers
While we've previously addressed the two most important reasons why truckers should use headsets; keeping attentive and utilizing hands-free features to take calls, there are a few more advantages of using the greatest headsets for truckers:
Driving a truck is a responsibility and one wrong move could cause catastrophic issues.
Truck drivers can use a Bluetooth headset to take calls without using their hands or diverting their attention.
Bluetooth headsets safeguard the safety of both you and other motorists on the road by lowering the danger of collisions.
You won't have to worry about pesky wires either.
The premium Bluetooth headsets listed above offer tremendous call quality.
Having great call quality makes for a better driving experience for those in the trucking industry.
Oftentimes truck drivers have to receive instructions from their dispatch about a shipment or delivery.
Having the ability to answer a call without fumbling with a phone makes truckers extremely efficient and it is safe to use while driving.
Quick Call for Emergencies
Having lived in 8 different states in America often times the weather changes throughout the year and sometimes rather quickly during the day.
For example, it seems like it rained every day at 5 PM when I lived in Alabama.
Bluetooth headsets can come in handy to communicate hazardous weather conditions and emergencies, such as accidents while you are driving.
You can contact 911 or dispatch quickly.
The good thing about Bluetooth headsets is that they can usually connect with most Bluetooth-enabled gadgets, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
In most situations, connecting the headset to your phone is a straightforward process that takes only minutes.
Buyers Guide - Which Headset for Truckers is Right for YOU?
Even though hands-free functionality should be the most important purchase criteria, keep the following things in mind while shopping for a trucker headset:
1. Battery Life
Ideally, you pick one that lasts a long time! The best bluetooth headsets for truckers listed above last upwards of 24 hours on a single charge.
2. Exceptional Microphone Quality
Bluetooth headsets include a microphone for taking calls. The microphone quality is just as essential as the call quality.
Make sure you get a high-quality microphone with your Bluetooth headset. It should produce a sharp and clear sound.
3. Noise Cancelation
This is an obvious inclusion but just in case you needed to hear it again. Noise-canceling is a top priority.
The ones listed above are rated the highest for noise canceling.
4. Comfort and Fit
Wearing it for 5+ hours, it better be comfortable. I am not interested in getting headaches or migraines from a tight headset and neither should you.
I would add that the ear pads and in-ear headsets need to be very comfortable and offer the right amount of padding.
Most Bluetooth headsets have some pretty cool features making them easy to use and connect to other gadgets.
I made sure to include that these listed above have controls for playing/pausing music, accepting/disconnecting calls, increasing/decreasing the call volume, and so on.
A few of which offer voice-controlled assistants like Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa. The simpler the controls are to understand, the better your experience will be.